April 18, 2015

twenty-three weeks

Baby3_23Weeks

how far along:  23 weeks (compare to 23 weeks with Ryann, 23 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby:  My What to Expect app says the size of a papaya. 

weight gain:  15 pounds.  I didn't gain any weight this week.  I have no idea how that happened.  But I'll most certainly take it.  I'm estimating that I have 15 weeks to go, so if I only average a pound a week I could possibly end up at only 30 pounds gained.  Fingers crossed!

maternity clothes:  Yes.  And my mom took me on a little early birthday shopping adventure for some more maternity clothes that I am so very grateful for!  I still need to get my hands on some comfy lounge wear that I really like, but now I have more than one pair of regular pants that I'll actually wear.  And a pair of shorts.  And a swimsuit.  YIKES.  Honestly while I'm at my parents pool I plan to let it all hang out in a bikini because I'm not washing a maternity suit over and over again.  But one or two that can actually cover the belly for public purposes might not be a bad idea.

symptoms:  Nothing too terrible.  My legs get really restless in the evenings and it is uncomfortable to just sit on the couch (THE HORROR) and bending over sucks.  But otherwise I haven't had any terrible headaches or anything.  I'm grateful for that.  In the last 10 days or so, I've had a couple of weird vision issues.  Not 'seeing sparkles' like I've experienced with the last two pregnancies, but something of that nature.  Like stuff just looks weird.  I'm not sure what to make of it, but I feel fine otherwise, so until someone tells me my blood pressure is out of whack I'm just going to assume I'm crazy.

exercise:  I'm trying to come to terms with not running.  It just hurts too much.  Hell I can barely walk at more than 3 miles an hour without something hurting.  Kind of depressing, but it is what it is and I'm still making sure to get my steps in and not be a complete lump.  Actually, 90,749 steps this week.  BAM.  I'm starting to feel like my arms are really really lacking definition, so I'm hoping one of these days I'll kick my own butt and lift a weight or two.

cravings/aversions:  I like to eat food.  Good food.  That's about it.

movement:  I definitely feel her moving daily, and sometimes it is strong enough that I see my belly moving.  But sometimes I have to stop and concentrate to notice it still.

sleep:  I keep waking up really uncomfortable or needing to pee.  It sucks.  And I stay up too late and get up too early.  Meh.

gender:  A little princess.  Or whatever the heck she wants to be.  ;o)

looking forward to:  Our new house reno's being finished and shopping for home decor!  My mom and I browsed Home Goods this week and there were so many things I wanted to buy, I'm just not sure where I'd put stuff.  I need to check the return policy, and then maybe go back in a couple of weeks and buy stuff, then just return what I don't use.  I have a hard time committing to purchases and generally end up just buying nothing, so I'm going to need a little push from my mama to come home with anything!

worries:  I'm worried that we will never agree on a name.  I've started joking that we're just going to go with 'baby sister', and call her BS for short.  Also I'm worried that selling our house is going to SUCK.  On Wednesday I sort of cleaned out my craft/office closet (which means I found the floor and my desk, I did not organize any of the shelves) and it was kind of miserable.  Bending over, getting on and off the floor.  Gross.  I need to kick it into high gear and get all my to-do's finished in the next couple of weeks before I get too much bigger!

what's different this time:  I absolutely did not run a half marathon this week.  Looking back at that, I almost can't believe it.  I feel SO different this time.  I assumed I'd just keep right on running like I did while pregnant with Elsie, but it just was NOT happening.  And it was all the sudden.  I ran at 10k without a problem at 16 weeks.  And now I can't make it more than .15 miles.  While reading my old post I was reminded that someone called me selfish for running while pregnant and that it was endangering my baby and what not.  To me this just proves that only YOU know your own body, and you have to listen to it.  I did feel fine running while pregnant with Elsie.  Not perfect all the time, but I knew I wasn't hurting myself or my baby.  This time around, I can just tell it isn't right for me to be running.  Every person and every pregnancy is different and only you and your doctor can decide what is right for you.

best moment this week:  Nothing major.  Coming home with maternity clothes that I didn't hate was pretty good.  And honestly, some of my favorite moments each week are when Elsie and Ryann actually play nicely together.  It just makes my heart so happy when they are sweet to each other.

2 comments:

Liz Runningmomma said...

That top is adorable! It's so true, only you and your doctor know what is right for you.

Sabrina said...

Woohoo, 23 weeks I can't wait, lady!!!! So exciting!

Good for you for getting the steps in when you can! You rock.

Sabrina
www.babymoonadvice.com