February 10, 2012

a day in the life - libby

Thanks to an e-mail mix up on my part, poor Libby didn't find out it was her week to share on the blog until Monday.  But she still pulled through and put together a post for you guys!  I figured the kind thing to do would be to give her more than a day, and decided none of you would mind if we didn't share until Friday.  So enjoy a peek into Libby's life!

***

Hi, I am Libby from over at Libby's Life. I am a 29 year-old SAHM mom & wife who loves her boys. James and I have been married for almost 5 years now and we have one son Zane {almost 2} and are hoping to be adding a second little one to the mix soon. I am so excited to be sharing with what a typical day looks like for us. Thank you to Ashley for having me visit her blog.

Photobucket

7:00 - 8:00: Zane wakes up pretty much on the dot every.single.morning. I go in change his diaper and get him up, then we go downstairs and I get him breakfast which is usually cheerios, bananas & milk and we turn on the Disney channel and watch cartoons.

Photobucket

9:00 - 11:00: We play, play, play or if we have a play date we get ready to go meet and then we go have fun either at our friends house or at a fun play place in the area and have lunch while we're out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

11:00 - 1:00 - Nap time. Well sometimes it's shorter and sometimes it's a good two hours {if I am lucky}. During which time I do dishes, blog, watch TV, clean... whatever needs to be done. If we have a play date nap time is later than this depending on what time we get home from playing.

1:00: Lunch time when we're home. Which is usually chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, chicken & rice, etc. {the normal toddler type food} with some kind of fruit like grapes, apples, oranges, etc. My child loves all fruits and veggies so I don't have to force anything on him. Usually the fruit & veggies are what is eaten first.

1:30 - 3 or 4:00: We play, read whatever he feels like doing. Sometimes I'll read my book during this time because he likes to play by himself in the afternoon it seems like... well until daddy gets home that is.

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 or 4:00 - 5:00: Daddy gets home from work and Zane gets very excited and they play. Dinner gets made during this time also it's not usually me who cooks though, my husband is the cook in this family {I am a very lucky girl in that sense!}.

5:00: Dinner time for whatever daddy has made or take out if he's tootired to cook.

5:30 - 7:30: We play or watch TV usually until it's time for bedtime.

7:30: Bath time every other day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

8:00: Bed time it is. He goes to bed at 8 every night and it's the perfect bedtime for him. He goes to sleep pretty much immediately when we put him down every night. It's fabulous!

Photobucket

Photobucket

8:15 - 10:00: My husband and I either watch our TV shows or go and read in bed. My husband has to get up at 4 so we go to bed early in this house and then we wake up and do it all again the next day. ;)


And now the three questions...

1. What is the most surprising thing about being a mom?
I think the most surprising thing to me is that it was easier than I thought it would be {not to say I do not have hard days! That would be a lie}. But as soon as I had my son my life drastically changed and it has been the best thing I've ever done. I always knew I wanted to be a mom but now that I am one I wouldn't want to be anything else, it's the absolute best thing in the world.


2. What advice would you give new or soon-to-be moms?
Don't beat yourself up when you have a bad day. Just remember that tomorrow is a new day and when they're really little they're not going to remember what happened the day before. You will, but if you dwell on it and just keep beating yourself up because something went wrong or not as planned you will miss out on all those great days!


3. What are your top three baby products?
The Boppy pillow. I used it for everything and every single day when he was a baby... he took naps in it, I used it to nurse, and he learned to sit up in it. It was so helpful to plop him down in it and know that he wouldn't be able to roll out and onto the floor.

Sophie the giraffe teether. She was the only teether that he would use, he didn't like the other teether toys we bought for him and hated the ones that you put in the freezer but Sophie was attached to him for months wherever we went.

The Gentle giraffe soother from Cloud B. It has 4 different noises including the mothers heartbeat and an 2  automatic shutoff times. We used it every single night when he was a baby and it was amazing he would be crying and as soon as we'd turn that on he'd immediately calm down and fall asleep. We still have it and we'll occasionally turn it on and it works just the same as it did when he was a itty baby. I highly recommend one of these {they have other animals too & mini travel sizes too, which we have at grandma's house}.

Libby Signature

***

Thank you for sharing your day with us Libby!  Sorry about the e-mail mix up!

No comments: