February 16, 2012

embrace the camera

Ryann pretty much hates having her picture taken.  You would REALLY think that she is used to it by now, but really she does anything she can to get out of it or ruin the picture. 

Melissa wanted to know my tricks (although Melissa, I always think your pictures of Alice are adorable!)... yes I am all about bribery.  Basically I'll sit with five or so marshmallows in my hand.  Give her one, tell her if she wants another she has to give me some cute faces, give her another... it goes on.  It doesn't always work flawlessly, but I usually get at least a shot or two that I like.  Also, to get some of the crazier faces?  I ask her to say exaggerated phrases for me, such as OH. MY. GOODNESS!  Or something like that.  Then I just start clicking away and usually I capture something cute or funny.  Hence all my absurd bloopers.  When she exaggerates, she really exaggerates :o).

Well another problem we've been having lately, is even when she is trying to humor me and will more or less smile, she always looks away from the camera or puts her hands up to her face.  Not sure why it is her reaction, but it always happens.  So the other day I told her squish her cheek onto mommy's and say cheese at Daddy.  Apparently 'squish' was the wrong term to use.  She took me quite literally!

IMG_1401
IMG_1404
IMG_1407
IMG_1409

Still pretty adorable.  I'll take it :o).

17 comments:

Danett said...

Those are the pictures you will cherish when she is older. My daughter is 4 now and time flies. And I love her big baby blues!

Sweet As Boys said...

That girl is hilarious!

amy D said...

Aww, these pictures are so precious!! Love her name :)

Jessie said...

I love the faces you catch on her! She's precious!

Courtney B said...

Oh gosh, she is PRECIOUS!

Jennifer said...

SO cute! It gets better.....my lil' man is 3 and I literally have to CHASE him with the camera. =( It's sad because he's absolutely LOVED it for so long......I've got to capture him creatively. These are great photos! Priceless memories!

Amy said...

She's sweet! Obviously your bribery works - all along I thought she loved having her picture taken :)

christa said...

she is adorable!

Amber said...

such precious pictures!

Erin said...

Ha, love them! Annie always looks away from the camera when I tell her to say cheese too - it's her first instinct for some reason!

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

very sweet pictures!

Super Lily said...

So cute...I would totally smile for marshmallows too. lol

Melissa said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling in this department. Sometimes she'll flat out say, "No mama!" when I get my camera out. Great. :) Thanks for answering my question!
Great pictures, as always!

emily anderson said...

omg, that first picture is awesome.

Amy Nielson said...

these are adorable... LOVE the second one :)

Sharstin said...

love these shots~!

girl willow said...

Oh goodness!! These are priceless shots! You are both beautiful :) Visiting from Emily's.