March 14, 2012

a day in the life - megan

Well hello there Wednesday.  I am so ready for the weekend and to spend some time with my little family.  Today though, all of you can electronically spend a day with Megan!  Hope you enjoy a little peek into her day :o).

***

Hi! My name is Megan, mommy to an almost 7 month old Vince and wife to my amazing husband Jacob. I like to call my self the everything blogger, most of my posts are about the baby, but I will blog about anything and everything. I am a military wife and living in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It isn't my favorite place, but it does have some of my favorite people which make it fun. I love all things fitness and being active. I started blogging in July of 2010, mostly just to keep our family that is in Arizona updated and it has not grown into so awesome followers and some blog friends. My blog has even changed names through its journey starting at Thee Wed Life and now becoming Megan To Momma. I hope you all like reading about our Sunday.

7:43am- Vince is up making his usual morning play sounds, this can go on for ten to fifteen minutes until it  turns into 'ok I want to get out of here guys' cry. He normally sleeps until 6:45 but due to the wonderful day light savings we got there.


8:15am- Vince has finished eating and now it is time to kick it into high gear in order to make it to church on time. Thankfully it is only 5 minutes away on base.  I get him dressed, myself dressed and we are on our way. Little did we know, in our rush to get ready it had snowed during the night. 

All ready to go! Daddy is making coffee.

8:55am- Made it just in time to Church. It was a great service and Vince even feel asleep near the end. He seems to do this every Sunday, but it does affect his morning nap, because he wakes up as we walk out.

passed out

10:15am- Get home and attempt to lay him down to finish his nap, which he only slept for 15 minutes. During then I made breakfast and started dinner. On the menu for the night was shredded beef enchiladas. Yum!


11:00am- Time for Vince to eat. We were trying a new food, kiwi and he hated it! So then we just had oatmeal. We also found out during this feeding that his second tooth, bottom right had popped through. Must be why he was a little extra fussy all morning. His first had only came in on Friday!

Can he get any cuter??

11:30am- After eating it was time to play. His new favorite activity is sitting and playing with his ball. He is becoming a champ at sitting!


12pm- Mommys time, while dad feeds Vince and lays him down for a nap, it is my time to go to the gym! I did the CrossFit Mom WOD {workout of the day} which totally kicked my butt!! I didn't want to look like a super weirdo at the gym so here is my super quick picture of myself!


1:30pm- I get home both boys are waking up from a nap. Vince played in his Jumperoo and Jacob and I had some lunch! Then Jacob headed to the gym and Vince and I just played and read.

2:45pm- Time to get my craft on!! I am in the works of re-doing Vince's room. It is going to be grey and orange with elephants. It is a very slow re-do, but I am oh so excited!!

Before
still not completely finished, but almost there

3pm- Time for Vince to eat and nap again. He is fighting all naps today, this one only lasted 35 minutes. Needless to say, he was a touch grumpy.

4:45pm- He is now so grumpy, my only idea is go to Target. I am hoping that the car ride or the cart ride will make him fall asleep. But he doesn't want too, he did manage to just play with sophie and no crying the whole time! I also found the cutest shirt! And scored a deal on a set of white curtains! They were an online return, originally $29.99 my price $6.48. They will work perfect for Vinces room. I will need to sew a back on them to make them thicker so they won't let so much light in and dye them a light grey.




















5:30pm Got home from Target and time to finish dinner. Shredded the meat, added chipotles in adobo and made the enchiladas.


6:15pm About 30 minutes earlier than usual, but Vince is super tired and it is time for a bath and bed. He loves bath time!!


7pm- Finish dinner and time to eat!


8pm- Time for a bath and some reading. I was so sore from my past couple workouts it was just what I needed.

9pm- Clean kitchen and downstairs and head up for bed. Watched a documentary on Nike and crashed out!!

1.  What is the most surprising thing about being a mom?
For me it was how easy and hard at the same time it was. Vince had severe acid reflux and I breastfed for 3.5 months, but his allergy to cows milk and soy, even baked in killed my supply and putting him on Neocate a amino acid base formula was our life saver. I never knew these things could happen to babies. And it was a rough journey.

2.  What advice would you give new or soon-to-be moms?
If you want to breast feed do a lot of research before. I thought it was going to be super easy and it just wasn't.
 

3.  What are your top three baby products
 Britax B Ready stroller is my number one I love it! My second would be Aden & Anais swaddling blankets and a sound machine.


***

Thank you for sharing your day with us Megan!

No comments: