December 26, 2012

that's what she said

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We had a good time, Ryann got spoiled, I ate too many cookies, and now I'm exhausted.  That about sums it up.  I'm sure tomorrow you'll get a big ol' dump of Christmas photos, but for now just some more ridiculous things my child has said in recent days.

Ryann:  "Mama, what's a roary bore-e-ell-us?"
Me:  "What?"
Ryann:  "What's a roary bore-e-ell-us?"
Me:  "Are you talking jibberish?"
Ryann:  "NO!  What's a roary bore-e-ell-us?"
Me:  "I have no idea what you're talking about, ask Daddy."
Ryann:  "Daddy?  DADDY!  What's a roary bore-e-ell-us?"
Christopher:  "What?"
Ryann:  "A ROARY BORE-E-ELL-US!"
Christopher:  "Oh, aurora borealis?  The northern lights?"
Me:  "Well of course.  baffled Where the heck did you hear that?"
Ryann:  "Dinosaur Train."

Me:  "Ry please come get your jammies on."
Ryann:  "MOM!  We DON'T wear giraffe jammies at CHRISTMAS TIME!"
Me:  "But you only have two pairs of Christmas jammies and they are both dirty."
Ryann:  "Oh..."

Ryann:  "I can't see our house."
Me:  "Nope, we aren't there yet."
Ryann:  "Why?"
Me:  "Because we still have to drive a little farther to get there."
Ryann:  "Why?"
Me:  "Because I can't fly us home.  I'm not magic."
Ryann:  "Why?"
Me:  "I don't know.  Because God didn't make me that way."
Ryann:  "Why?"
Me:  "You'd have to ask God."
Ryann:  "When I'm in heaven?"
ohmygawd how long does the why stage last?  so annoying...

Me:  "Look there's some Christmas lights."
Ryann:  "Over there?  Are they Christmas lights?"
Me:  "No, they're Halloween lights.  Yes they are Christmas lights silly!"
Ryann:  "Dude.  Who has Halloween lights?"

blogpost_12_26_12

1 comment:

Amber E. Berkoski said...

The why phase never ends. Now, when Riley asks I just say, "What do you think?" And she's so intent on sharing her ideas that she talks and I listen. Okay, semi listen. Okay, sometimes listen. Riley was just like Ry at that age so - brace yourself. It gets worse before it gets better but in a good way :)