May 17, 2011

randomness

For some reason I felt the need to post tonight.  But I have no real cohesive thoughts.  And Ryann didn't nap today.  AT ALL.  So I have no edited pictures.  So the only picture you get to look at is this really awesome one... prepare yourself, it isn't pretty.

photo(1)

Ok, maybe it isn't that bad.  But this my friends, is the result of a fight with this sidewalk.  The sidewalk won, clearly.  I wiped out while I was running on Monday.  Like, tripped on an uneven part of the sidewalk flat on my stomach wipe out.  My knee obviously took the brunt of it, but there is a teeny tiny bit of road burn on my hip, a small bruise on my elbow, and a chunk of skin missing on my thumb.  That thumb, however, saved my phone.  I don't have an arm sleeve for my iPhone... I tried to go to the apple store to get one the other day, and the guy told me all snotty like that they don't carry stuff for the 3GS in the store anymore.  Sorry dude, not everyone can drop a couple hundred bucks every freaking time Apple throws out some new product.  Nonetheless, I need a new screen protector, but my trusty little phone didn't even skip a beat.

And for the record, after I went back to home to wash the blood of my hand and make sure there wasn't blood anywhere else, I got my little (errr big) butt outside and restarted my workout.  Bridge to 10K week two day one complete!

Any suggestions for a band to wear while running for the 3GS?

Back to Ryann not napping today.  Seriously, what the heck was that all about?  She has slept until 7am the past two days (cue choir singing), but yesterday she only took one nap and today NONE.  Well 15 minutes in the car on the way to a friend's house for dinner, but that was it.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with the bajillion teeth she has coming in.  I think the count of teeth trying to make an appearance right now is five or six.  And that includes two or three molars.  Poor little girl.  She is actually doing better than I expected with it.  Minus the no naps thing.

Switching gears here... um, my husband graduates from medical school this coming Saturday.  Are you kidding me?  I thought we'd never make it here.  I know we still have residency to get through, but I can't believe medical school is almost behind us.  Well really he has been done with classes for a few weeks, but this will seal the deal.  And then people can refer to him as doctor.  It is so weird.  He is only 25, that seems ridiculous that people will be calling him doctor.  But hubby I am so so SO proud of you.

We are having a little graduation barbeque.  Mostly just Chris's family, nothing big.  I would love to throw him an all out crazy party, because he has accomplished so much, but a little family BBQ will have to do.  I don't think he minds :o).  If I manage to set up anything mildly cool I'll be sure to share some pictures.

Jumping off the path a little more... I am having some serious baby fever lately.  I have no idea why (well probably because my baby isn't so much of a baby anymore, or something like that).  We have decided that it would probably be best to wait at least another year before trying to give Ry a little brother or sister.  By that point Chris would only have one more year of residency left, and let's face it... Even though I needed to lose some weight before getting pregnant again, I'm not ready to watch the scale rocket back up 20 pounds right now.  I'm going to keep working towards my goal, and hopefully get to enjoy a new body for a year before subjecting it to another little parasite again (I know, parasite, bad way to refer to an awesome life growing in your belly, but pregnancy and I didn't mix incredibly well!).

But I'm pretty sure the fact that we have decided to wait, is making me want a baby all that much more.  So I'll just oogle all of the cute little baby stuff and maternity photos and whatever else I can find on pinterest, and hope one of my friends decides to jump on the baby train soon :o).  Oh wait, who am I kidding, that would make me want a little one even more!

Ok, enough rambling for one night :o)

6 comments:

Heidi Jo said...

Lol- I was going to post a photo of a bad cut on my finger from washing a blender blade last week but decided against it. I'm glad to see someone else wants to share booboos. And I have baby fever too now that my girl is one, but it scares me that I have baby fever!!

Amber said...

Here are a few armbands with good reviews on Amazon. Oh the baby fever, I'm expecting #2 and can't wait to snuggle his little face. :) Keep up the good work, you look great!

http://www.amazon.com/Tuneband-description-Grantwood-Technologys-Protector/dp/B0019FEZ88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305718669&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Runner-iPhone-Touch-Black/dp/B002MZZV6E/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1305718669&sr=8-15

http://www.amazon.com/Tune-Belt-Armband-iPhone-Blackberry/dp/B002NL2WYQ/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1305718669&sr=8-16

christa said...

Good for you for getting back out there and finishing your workout!

Bobi said...

I am having baby fever too, but at least you don't have to wait another 5 years! I have been looking at so much baby stuff online (mostly because my sister and friends all have had or will have babies very soon!) that I have started receiving baby catalogs in the mail. My husband is a little worried...

PS - Way to get back out there after you fall, I definitely would have called it quits!

Serenia Stegner said...

I'm with ya...my baby is THREE!!!!!!!

Mindy M Gray said...

I just got this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CSKMDE

I haven't tried it out yet, but at $3, I figure if it works at all, that's good news!