September 27, 2012

that's what she said

I've been terrible about writing down some of the funny thing Ryann says, but I have a couple now so I better share them before they are completely forgotten about.

Me:  "I'm going to go make some lunch."
Ryann:  "No!  Stay and play with me.  Don't make lunch."
Me:  "Well sweetie if I don't make the lunch, no one will, and then we won't get to eat."
I walk into the kitchen...
Ryann:  "NO!  Stop it!  STOP IT!  Stop the lunch making!"

Ryann:  "I wanna jump off everything!"

Ryann:  Hanging from the counter at the gym while I check in.
Male Gym Employee:  to Ryann "Are you going to do some pull-ups?"
Ryann:  "I'm not wearing a pull-up.  I'm wearing UNDERWEAR!!!!"
Male Gym Employee:  Gives me the WTF look.

Me:  "No, we are not climbing on the couch.  It is time to get ready for nap."
Ryann:  "But the couch wants me."


Also, the kid has been dreaming a lot.  It is rather funny when she is recapping, because sometimes you have no idea if she is describing a dream to you or something she really thinks or really did happen.

Ryann:  "I was eating something in my crib."
Me:  "What?  What were you eating?"
Ryann:  "White glittery food.  With Ginger."
Me:  "What are you talking about?  Did you dream this?"
Ryann:  "Ummm... yeah."

Ryann:  While somewhat sobbing in the middle of the night, "Mama!  Mama!"
Me:  Go in to her room, "What is the matter Ryann?"
Ryann:  "Finish the song."
Me:  "What song honey?  I wasn't singing.  It's night time."
Ryann:  "FINISH THE SONG."
Me:  "Sweetie it is night time, I think you were dreaming."
Ryann:  "FINISH THE SONG!!!!"
Me:  "Uh, twinkle twinkle little star..."

Oh little miss, you are a character.

IMG_1626

9 comments:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Adorable!!

Jennifer said...

I love the last one! That is just hilarious!

Sweet As Boys said...

hahahaha! :)

hilljean said...

I love this! I like the line about the couch :) And her picture is too adorable. Good job documenting this awesomeness!

JessF said...

Way to write them down! I keep thinking i need to put a piece of paper on the fridge so I can write them as they come.

ThoughtsON said...

Love it! The one at the gym is my fav!

Cubbies and Nooks said...

I freakin' love your child. I'll text you about a playdate (or sext you if you're lucky).

XOXO

Christene @ MommaBird said...

She is witty! Love the last one, finish the song!

Kim3278 said...

Oh my goodness...I'm rolling on the floor laughing and my 4 year old son is going "what mom, what is so funny"? FINISH THE SONG MOM.....