September 15, 2011

embrace the camera + a good laugh

This is pretty typical these days.

IMG_0815
come on Ryann!  I know the camera is beeping, but pretend we're doing something here ok??

I LOVE baking.  I can't help it.  I love sweets, I love the way the oven smells, and I love that Chris likes a good amount of the things I bake (lately I try and healthify stuff a lot, those treats don't always go over quite as well :o).  But I haven't just been baking.  I'm trying all sorts of recipes to try and get Ryann to eat SOMETHING other than peanut butter toast and fruit.  It isn't going so well.  But I WILL prevail!  Eventually.  For now I guess I'll pretend a little bit of brownie batter keeps her strong...

IMG_0852

And I had to toss in this picture, and share a little story.

IMG_0781

Sometime over the weekend when Ryann was a little fussy (ok a lot fussy) and kind of thrashing around but didn't want me to put her down she really grabbed onto my shirt and exposed the girls.  Thank God we were in our family room.  With no one else (well maybe Chris, I don't remember, but I suppose he'll live if I flashed him).  I said something to the affect of "whoa whoa!  keep the boobs covered!"

Now if you remember, Ryann has known the word boob for a while.  Not my proudest mommy moment, but that is what they are so whatever.  So I wasn't surprised that she talked about my boobs for a little while after my little outburst.

Fast forward to Tuesday.  Grammy came to visit us (hooray!!!).  I was driving us around and Grammy was in back playing hide and seek with Ryann.  Sounds strange I suppose, but Ryann loves her version of hide and seek.  She asks various questions such as "Is she... on the couch?  Is she... under the table?  Is she... in the chair?"  I'm not really sure who 'she' is.  Apparently we are looking for Ryann, but she doesn't really get the concept that she should actually be hidden out of sight for this game.  Whatever, it is really cute to hear her come up with places.

Anyway, so the car version was sounding a little something like this:  "Is she... in the trunk?  Is she... behind the seat? Is she... on the roof?"  Yes, my mom said some of those things first.  But then Ryann randomly threw out, "Is she... on the boobs?"  Of course both my mother and I burst out laughing.  She said it again, and we laughed harder.  She looked at my mom, "Grammy laughing?"  Yes Ryann.  Grammy is laughing, because you my little girl, are ridiculous :o).

Oh, and another random humorous fact?  Six people visited my blog yesterday via google, by searching the keywords 'diaper blowout'.  How do you like them stats?

13 comments:

Megan said...

Hahaha! Sometimes I am thankful my little man beast just grunts at me. Who knows what he would pick up from me :/ But that's super cute!

Unknown said...

adorable photos!!!
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

christa said...

Who doesn't love brownie batter?

Hall Around Texas said...

Love love love it!!! We are being really careful of what we say around Mason. He now says "Booty" thanks to his mama! haha!

Kathryn said...

Hahahaha... that is so funny, I was laughing in my cubicle!

Erin said...

I love a good breast story. I never know how to walk the line between teaching my kids anatomy and correct terms, and risking them yelling, "Mommy! Are you wearing a new bra?" while in Target. It's tricky, yes?

Boni Lady said...

hehe... too cute!

The Gambrel Family said...

Too funny!
Great first pic!

Nikki @ from MRS to MOMMA said...

HILARIOUS!!!

ps: Just found your blog & I'm a new follower :)
pps: Ryann is delicious! Looove the brownie batter face!

xo,
Nikki
www.frommrstomomma.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

that brownie spatula picture is quite possibly the cutest thing i've ever seen. seriously.

Jami Nato said...

ahahahaha...boobs and poop. it never gets old..

@JessEsco said...

That is too funny. You can never underestimate the power of a small girly baby to produce an enormous blowout.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Im glad to know that Im not the only one that loves sweets! pinterest sure isnt helping out either with all the delicious treats-haha!