October 31, 2011

don't judge.

First, Happy Halloween!  I hope Ryann is feeling good enough to do a little bit of trick-or-treating tonight.  She makes such a cute little penguin, I want to show her off.  Ha :o).  Moving on...

Don't judge my music selection that is.  I suppose if you really want to know what I listen to while I run I'll tell you.  Just be warned, most of it is pretty inappropriate.  But more or less I want to feel like I'm rockin' out in a club (because that is totally something I do ALL THE TIME.  ha!).  It is what definitely gets me moving!  Ok not all of them are raunchy, but it is definitely quite the eclectic group of songs.  So here you, go, everything on my workout playlist...

Apple Cobbler, LL Cool J
Be OK, Ingrid Michaelson
Control Myself, LL Cool J & Jennifer Lopez
Chaotic, Brittany Spears
Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Michael Buble
Dangerous, Ying Yang Twins
Do Somethin', Brittany Spears
Dog Days Are Over, Florence + The Machine
Don't Stop the Music, Rhianna
Fire (Yes, Yes, Y'all), Joe Budden
Flavor of the Week, American Hi-Fi
Firework, Katy Perry
Fit But You Know It, The Streets
Fuego, Pitbull
Gettin' Over You, David Guetta & Chris Willis feat. Fergie and LMFAO
Go Girl, Pitbull
Hit the Lights (feat. Lil Wayne), Jay Sean
I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked, Ida Maria
Imma Be, Black Eyed Peas
Jump (For My Love), Girls Aloud
Mercy, Duffy
Move Shake Drop Remix, DJ Lax, Flo Rida & Casely
Ooh La La, Goldfrapp
Party Rock Anthem, LMFAO
Power, Kanye West
Pretty Woman (it's an acapella version I got from a friend, not sure who it's by)
R&B Junkie, Janet Jackson
Sexy and I Know It, LMFAO
She's Freaky, Pitbull
Shake Your Pom Pom, Missy Elliot
Tambourine, Eve
Technologic, Daft Punk
Temperature, Sean Paul
The New Workout Plan, Kanye West
The Way I Are, Timbaland
When I Grow Up, Pussycat Dolls
When You Wasn't Famous, The Streets

Of course I'm always open to new suggestions, but pretty much I have to want to dance to it.  Or it has to be entertaining and have a great beat.  Some people choose their running music based on beats per minute (bpm).  If you are aiming for a certain mph, the bpm can help you keep your stride.  But I REALLY REALLY have to like the song in order to distract myself from the running.

Actually on Friday I ended up covering 3.5 miles outside without any music.  My headphones were refusing to stay on my head so I just gave up.  I finished the workout in 32 minutes (and this included about .5 miles of walking), so I think not having the music actually made me faster.  Mostly because I was really bored :).

What is your absolute favorite workout song?

Please link up your health & fitness related posts below.  Make sure to link back to here!

8 comments:

Cherie said...

Thanks for posting your playlist! This is exactly the kind of music I like to listen to while running. Now I've got some new stuff to add to my playlist for my 10k this weekend. Thanks!

Ashley Antkowiak said...

Love it. I'm the same way...er, I was. It's been a while since I've gone on a run! My playlist has lots of black eyed peas (pump it, anyone?) and even some leftovers from high school (I can't help it, I just really like Good Charlotte!). The louder the music the less I think about how much I hate running! You said your headphones fell off - have you ever tried these? I love them.

Amy said...

I have a lot of these on my workout playlist too. I like LMFAO, Britney, and Kanye at the gym. I also have the Girl Talk "All Day" album which is awesome as it moves along so fast, it makes an hour fly by!

Jennifer said...

Happy Halloween! I usually find that music while running makes me go a little faster :)

Meredith said...

My workout play list goes from church songs to Ludacris and Pitbull and back again. I so get it!

Sweet As Boys said...

LMFAO is always a favorite on my workout playlist!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Great music selection! I love stuff that gets me in the party mood!

Hall Around Texas said...

Such a great list! Downloading a lot of these now!