July 11, 2011

i caved

Chris did a rather poor job of hiding the scale.  It was sitting in the garage.  I saw it the day after he hid it when Ryann and I were playing with sidewalk chalk.  But I left it there, I was trying to stay true to my word.  Until this morning.  I was feeling incredibly lost without knowing what the number on the scale was.

The crazy thing though, was I wasn't really worried about what the actual number was.  I just wanted to know.  Just wanted to make sure that I really hadn't packed on 5 or 10 pounds in the last two weeks.  I've been giving into cravings and unhealthy foods a little too much and I needed to step on it to put myself in check.

I am up two pounds from the last time I weighed in.  But I'm ok with that.  Because I know why I gained, and I know exactly how to get back on track.  As long as I do what I know is best for me, I will be absolutely fine.  The scale doesn't scare me anymore.  It is merely a tool to keep me on track.  I'm going to do my best to only weigh in two or three times a week, but if it is giving me a panic attack not to step on that stupid thing in the morning, I'm just going to do it.  Whew.  Ok...

Other things that keep me on track?  Fantastic blogs that share helpful information, tasty recipes and motivate me daily to stay healthy.  Lately I've been reading the following:


For some really good motivation to get healthy, read Blair's post today.  It might give you a good kick in the butt.
 
Have any of you out there made healthy lifestyle changes lately?  I'd love to hear about them!  Do you have any questions for me regarding health, fitness or weight loss?  I've got writer's block when it comes to these McFatty posts lately, but they are good for me, and I think some of you out there like them so I'd like to keep it up.

Hope your Monday was better than mine.  Let's just say a little someone woke up at 5am, didn't go back to sleep, and napped for an hour.  Teething is the devil.  It is taking ALL of my willpower not to crack open the bottle of Skinny Girl margaritas in the fridge.  Or eat all the chocolate in the house.

7 comments:

AMS said...

I just want to say Thank You! You have seriously inspired me. I left the blogging world last year, and it was because I felt defeated by my weight. I have posted huge goals and really did not want to admit that I failed at all of them.
After seeing your success I reminded myself it takes TIME, no one changes overnight (unless it happened on the operating table that is) so I decided to give it a go. I have ran on the elliptical for 30mins the past 3 days and I feel great. My goal right now is to "feel healthy" by Aug 1st and then my next one is the 5K at Powell Gardens! :) Look for www.mamasides.blogspot.com I plan to start posting my progress and refuse to fail this time.

Powell Gardens 5K

http://www.sportkc.org/sportkc.aspx?pgID=866&event_id=602

Peppermint Bee said...

Have you tried doing weekly measurements instead of weighing yourself? I only weigh myself every two weeks, or more for that matter. If my pants fit, I know it doesn't matter what that number says. I understand how difficult it can be to stay on track. But, it seems like you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work and leave that scale alone!! ;)

Laura said...

I just want to say thank you for inspiring me to run! I just started the C25k myself...and its very doable. I showed my husband your blog and he was so enccouraging to me. I just had a baby and its time to get the baby weight off. Plus...I just want to be healthy.

When did you start your journey? I get down a little when I think I have so long to go.

Erica said...

Thank you I needed that push to get back to exercising. I have found every excuse in the book especially now that my little one is teething and an extra hour of sleep feels so good.

your newest follower.
http://bitob.blogspot.com

Muncher Cruncher said...

Thank you for the link!! Your blog is DARLING!! oh my goodness. I'm so glad I've found YOU! Way to go girl!! xoxoxo

Dana said...

How do you get motivated to work out or eat right when you do have bad days?? I want to start doing the 30 day shred and eating better but I find myself using excusses like Noah woke up too early and I am tired or just eating whatever I can eat b/c I feel like my sugar is too low. Do you use a food journal or the wt watchers app? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D

Ashley said...

Dana-

Right now, my motivation to work out is that it is MY time. Thanks to joining the gym, me working out = one hour out of the day to myself during awake time (none of us ever want to 'waste' nap time do we?). So even if I don't really feel like doing much, I still go to the gym and do something because A) I'm paying for the membership, and B) I like that little bit of time to myself during the day.

Now the eating right... that is another story. I used a calorie counter app on my phone, which helps tremendously. But lately I've been given in to what I want, which is why even though I'm sweating my butt off, my weight hasn't changed in probably three weeks. Don't know if any of that helps you, but I hope it does!